Hi there, yes….I know it’s been a long long time. I’m not even going to attempt to make excuses but honest I’ve had a lot going on.
I moved Louisville, got married and bought a house. I did this all in the span of two months. Yes I am crazy.
After dealing with gallbladder issues from September to February which really changed my ability to eat since for awhile I couldn’t eat solid food without extreme pain. I went weeks eating pretty much juice and soup until finally I caved and decided I needed to eat solid food, even if that meant pain. I finally saw a doctor who decided it was time for my gallbladder to come out so in the beginning of February I had surgery. I took a whole month off from activity, with the exception of taking my dog for walks. Ever since then I feel like I’ve just been kind of blah for lack of a better word. It’s so incredibly easy to resort to bad habits and the stress of moving and a variety of other life events just really put a damper on the whole eating healthy thing. I am an emotional eater…I eat to celebrate and to mourn. Living with someone who eats whatever they want and always has a smorgasbord of not so healthy snack options doesn’t help. That’s an excuse and really what it boils down to is a lack of self control. Plus, I like beer…and wine…and cheese, all kinds of cheese. Initially, I was going to wait till the first of January to get my ass back on track, but I can’t do that. I need to make the change now. Like right now. I have big goals for 2017 and getting started now will only make those goals easier to achieve.
First things first, my goals…..
- To get back down to my ideal weight…..what that is I am not sure. I do know that 125 pounds was perhaps an unreasonable weight to maintain. I have the tendency to get a bit obsessive about my weight and found myself trying to lose more just to see if I could.
- Which leads to my next goal, to be happy with my body and focus on how I feel and look versus what the scale says. I may have to have my husband hide the scale to prevent me from becoming obsessive about it.
- I want to run a half marathon in 1:45 my fastest right now is 1:54 so I have nine minutes to shave off. Realistically this will take time and the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon will the race for this to happen.
- Along with a PR in a half marathon I would like to run at least 1500 miles this year, that works out to 125 a month. Very doable since I’m eyeing an ultra in August that’s a 24 hour run.
- To develop a healthy relationship with food. I love working out, it’s fun and challenging and I see the rewards of my effort. Eating healthy, not so much….salads are gross and like I said, I like wine and cheese and beer…..lots of beer.
When I began my 21 Day Fix journey last year what helped keep me accountable was blogging and sharing my victories and struggles kept me honest. I reached my goals and life got hectic and then I started slacking. I’m sure the with new year approaching that some of you may be doing the same, so feel free to join me in this battle. The battle to get myself back. To be happy both inside and out.
Until next time!!